Police suspect an American-Thai hotel receptionist found dead in her room may have died from a sleeping-pill overdose.
The body of Caroline Paige Srichankij, 27, was found in her room at a local hotel Oct. 15. She’d been dead about a day. The room showed no signs of a dispute and a packet of sleeping pills was found on the nightstand.
Coworkers found Srichankij, laying on her bed with a bloody nose after checking why she did not turn up for work.
Police have ruled out homicide and speculated she either intentionally or accidentally overdosed. The body was sent to the Forensics Institute to determine a cause of death.