Twenty students and teachers on a field trip to Pattaya took an unscheduled stop at the hospital after apparently suffering food poisoning.
Ten ambulances took the 18 students and two teachers from 5th Municipal School in Pichit to Banglamung Hospital late Feb. 5 after they experienced vomiting, diarrhea and fainting.
Seventy students and teachers had been staying at Mai Krathungthong Temple in Jomtien Beach and, that morning, their driver had obtained lunch boxes containing fried rice with pork, chicken, shrimp and squid from the street-side vendors in Jomtien.
Schoolchildren from Pichit were inadvertently given bad food on their recent trip to Jomtien.
Students started falling ill after the mid-day meal and teachers decided to call for help after symptoms worsened.
Luckily, there were no lasting effects and all the stricken were treated and sent home.