Strong winds whipped up flames and panic on Thepprasit Road after a routine garbage fire got out of control
Firefighters took 30 minutes to extinguish a blaze that set alight disused rubber tires at 300/1-2 Thepprasit Road June 9. Thick black smoke blew over homes, setting off concerns the blaze would spread. It didn’t and no one was injured.
Neighbors told authorities the fire was started by construction workers burning their garbage, but high winds carried the flames into a large pile of tires.
Firefighters work to bring under control a garbage fire off Thepprasit Road.