Roof fire results in damages, no injuries

Friday, 28 October 2011 From Issue Vol. XIX No. 43 By  Theerarak Suthathiwong

A Nirvana Villa 2 house suffered about 200,000 baht in damages when a careless welder accidently set fire to the eves of the roof.  No one was seriously injured.

French couple Christian, 60, and Chantal Coutelet, 58, occupants of the one storey house on Soi Khao Makok in East Pattaya, had hired contractors to repair the roof.

Welding technician and Surin native Thaam Bunsapha, 49, told police that while he was using a welding torch to cut into a steel beam in the roof, a red hot flake landed on some plastic, which quickly caught fire.

It took firefighters about an hour to fully extinguish the Oct. 18 late morning blaze.

It took firefighters about an hour to fully extinguish the roof fire in Banglamung. It took firefighters about an hour to fully extinguish the roof fire in Banglamung.

comments powered by Disqus
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Advertise With Us | About Us | Feedback | Contact Us