Pattaya City Councilman Rattanachai Sutidechanai and mall General Manager Theeraporn Jinnawa kicked off the March 26 fire drill. Emergency prevention chief Thanet Wittayakorn said the beginner’s course was aimed primarily at evacuation and using fire extinguishers.
Employees at the mall are taught how to use fire extinguishers during Central Festival Pattaya Beach’s quarterly fire drill.
Attendees were educated on the common sources of fires and how to use fire extinguishers. Preventative measures, such as how to use cooking gas safely, and first aid were also covered. Practical exercises covered extinguishing gas, cooking oil and electrical fires with extinguishers.
Central Festival organizes four training sessions a year due to its belief in the importance of safety. The training and practice session has been organized for the benefit of employees who would be faced with protecting shoppers.