Firefighters were called Dec. 20 to the Kasemphol - Juk Samed intersection in front of the Sattahip Naval Base where a Nissan pickup was fully engulfed. The blaze was extinguished in 20 minutes and no one was injured.
Sgt. Nattapol Khatsai points to what used to be his dependable pickup truck.
The truck’s owner, Sgt. Nattapol Khatsai, 22, said the vehicle ran well for years and was well-maintained. However, only five minutes after he left a service station where he had the air conditioning fluid refilled, the truck burst into flames. He said he suspects the mechanics caused an electrical short.