DTAC: 3G services will continue without disruption from legal issue

Thursday, 18 August 2011 By  NNT

BANGKOK, 17 August 2011-Total Access Communication (DTAC) has assured its subscribers that its commercial 3G service will not be terminated, citing that no violation against its concession owner, CAT Telecom Public Company Limited, has been made. 

DTAC CEO Jon Eddy Abdullah said after meeting the Minister of Information and Communication Technology over the legal issue between DTAC and CAT Telecom that the latter did not specify in the letter how DTAC had been violating the concession deals.

CAT Telecom has ordered DTAC to stop providing 3G services to the customers, claiming the service provider has broken the agreement. The CEO affirmed the continuation of 3G technology which had been proven satisfactory among 300,000 DTAC customers.

ICT Minister Group Captain Anudit Nakornthap said no conclusion had yet been made at this point, adding that both parties would be treated equally. Group Captain Anudit reassured no impact on DTAC customers had been expected.

comments powered by Disqus
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Advertise With Us | About Us | Feedback | Contact Us